Welcome! St. Mary Catholic Community is happy to assist you in Sacramental Preparation.
Those preparing themselves for Baptism, Weddings and any other Sacraments must be registered & active parishioners. This involves attending Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation liturgies, plus have your weekly contributing envelopes with your parish number on them.
Baptism Preparation Classes are done by appointment. Please contact the parish office to set up a meeting.
Baptisms are done on the 1st Sunday of every month. Please contact the Parish Office Secretary to schedule your child’s Baptism. 810-982-7906 x 101
Requirements for Godparents:
At least one Godparent must be:
-Fully initiated into the Catholic faith
-Must be at least 16 years of age
-Must be in good a standing with the Church
-Baptismal certificate is required
First Eucharist and First Reconciliation Preparation
Although much of the children’s preparation takes place during class time in both Religious Education and School, some of the preparation is done with the youth and parents throughout the school year leading up to each of the Sacraments.
Watch for St. Mary/McCormick and Religious Education calendars and bulletins for dates and times of the following:
1. Both of these sacraments require an understanding and participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. As part of forming a deeper understanding of these sacraments for both you and your child, at least one parent is required to attend our four Eucharist Preparation nights. These evenings will begin with a light dinner at 5:00pm as a family. Daycare will be available for your children if needed. The meetings begin at 5:30 - 6:30pm, once per month beginning in October
2. First Eucharist/Reconciliation Meeting, parent and candidate attend together. This meeting is usually held in February.
3. First Reconciliations: These are done by appointments with Father usually during March.
4. Tasting Celebration: Discuss the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist and children taste the host and wine for the first time
5. First Eucharist Practice: dress rehearsal
6. Reception of First Eucharist at either 9:00 or 11:00 Mass
Sacrament of Reconciliation
The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is available:
*Every Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
*Thursdays 8:45-9:30 a.m.
*First Fridays of the month from 7:00-8:00 p.m., except during Lent. Check the bulletin for times.
*Watch the calendar for opportunities for reconciliation during Lent and Advent
Confessions are heard in the confessional in the back of the sanctuary. It is also available by appointment. Please call 810-982-7906. Other times for reconciliation are offered during Lent and Advent. Click here for "Confession 101."
Confirmation preparation is a two year process beginning in the seventh grade in both Religious Education and School. Often we have youth that have missed a year of preparation and although they may begin late, must still complete the two year program. Although many youth are confirmed in the eighth grade, we often have youth that do not get confirmed until the ninth or tenth grade. The parent and sponsor formation takes place over the course of the two years that their children are involved in the Sacramental preparation for Confirmation. We require participation in a service day as part of the preparation.
Watch for School and Religious Education calendars and bulletins for the dates and times of the following:
Parent and Youth first year sacramental Confirmation Orientation Meeting.
Rite of Acceptance for first year confirmation preparation youth.
Parent and Youth second year Orientation meeting.
Rite of Election for second year confirmation preparation youth. Sponsors asked to attend.
Sponsor meeting following the Rite of Election Mass.
Second year Confirmation retreat.
Confirmation practice. Dress rehearsal. Sponsors asked to attend.
Reception of Confirmation
Confirmation is celebrated as a Family of Parishes. Blue Water North Family of Parishes consist of Holy Trinity, St. Christopher, St. Edward On The Lake, and St. Mary. Our Confirmations will be celebrated by all four parishes at one Mass once per year. Each parish will take a turn hosting the Mass.
Must be arranged at least six months in advance by appointment with the pastor.
2. Parish membership & regular Faith Practice are required.
Anointing of the Sick
Please contact the Parish Office to arrange the Sacrament of Anointing for your loved one or for yourself. 810.982.7906, extension 101.